Tuesday, November 27, 2007

My Suggestion

I don't necessarily think that everyone should read Of Mice and Men because it may not match the person's literary interests. I don't think there is a book that absolutely every person would like, but I do believe that, especially for people my age, this is a must-read. It is not a huge commitment or anything. It is short and simple, and the author writes in a style all his own about unique subjects that also depict characteristics of time periods in our history. This book was able to tug at my heart and emotions, and I think that any book that can do that has a plot worth reading. Although, for some, the characters, their experiences, and this story may be a little too sensitive a topic involving too many feelings, I trully enjoyed the way the end of the book made me question myself. What did I think of what happened and how the characters dealt with it? How did I understand their relationships? Was it fair, and is life itself fair? Why are people the way they are? Do things happen for a reason? ..... Not only did this story allow me to make decisions for myself concerning the events and my understanding of them, it was also filled with tragedy, love, friendships, violence, despair, and even murder, which makes me think that it would be enjoyed by just about any one of my classmates.

No comments: